: ACS Installation Guide
Table of Contents
- Getting Started and Getting Help
- Installing Red Hat Linux 6.2
- Installing Oracle 8.1.6
- Installing AOLServer 3.1
- Installing the ArsDigita Community System 4.x
- Acceptance Tests
- Credits and Acknowledgments
This document is a guide to installing the ArsDigita Community
System (ACS). It is targeted for first time users who may not be
familiar with Oracle and AOLServer, but who are familiar with UNIX -
with an emphasis on Linux. However, for the purposes of running the
ACS, Linux is not substantially different from other UNIX systems,
such as Solaris or HP-UX.
Assuming you have a computer with a network connection, before
starting installation of ACS please refer to the following:
- If it's a PC and you're going to use Linux, then read everything.
- If it's a UNIX box, skip the Linux chapter and read everything else.
- If it's a Windows box, read How to install ACS on Windows
- If you already have Oracle up and running, then skip to the
AOLServer 3.1 chapter and read from there.
If you are interested in learning more about the ACS first, then
please read Chapter Three: Scalable
Systems for Online Communities from Philip & Alex's Guide to
Web Publishing, and this document on Using the
ArsDigita Community System.
Last modified: $Id: //websites/developer/prd/packages/acs-core-docs/www/install-guide/index.html#1 $