Schema and Data Browser
part of the ArsDigita Community System version 3.4.x
by Eve Andersson
The Big Picture
This module lets the administrator view the definitions of the
following objects in their Oracle database:
It also lets the administrator browse data within tables. This is convenient
if you're just trying to get an idea of the tables' content; however it does
not provide the ability to query for specific rows.
- tables (including indices, constraints, default values, etc.)
- PL/SQL functions, procedures, and packages
For more information on how this module works, read
Reverse Engineering a Data Model
using the Oracle Data Dictionary.
Assuming you already have ACS 3.4.x installed, download
the Schema and Data Browser tarball and follow the installation instructions
- Untar the file you just downloaded (tar -xvf sdb.tar).
- Create the directory /www/admin/sdb/, and move the following files into it:
From your site's main admin pages (/www/admin/index.tcl), add a link to the Schema
and Data Browser (sdb/).
- Move sdb.html into your /www/doc/ directory and add a link to it from /www/doc/index.html.
- Move sdb.sql into your /www/doc/sql/ directory.
- Load the data model into Oracle either by copying and pasting the definitions from sdb.sql into sqlplus OR by typing
sqlplus username/password < sdb.sql at the command line.